When you get your first activity tracker, whether it is a Fitbit or any other device, whether it’s for tracking your steps, heart rate, or other aspects of your fitness, you will become aware of your body and fitness level in a new way. Our fitness trackers let us see our activity patterns on a daily basis and provide information about our habits and patterns that cannot be obtained from any other device.
Having tried out dozens of different fitness trackers personally, I have tested and evaluated them extensively. When I bought my first one, I remember how annoyed I was when I realized that I had not set it up properly after several hours. In addition, I know that fitness trackers have a few things you should familiarize yourself with as soon as possible since they’re not going to provide any meaningful data until you’re using them for a couple of weeks.
In this article, I will specifically guide you on how to set time on fitness tracker or smartwatch fitness tracker. In other words, how to get started with a fitness tracker?
How Do I Set the Time On My Activity Tracker?
Almost all fitness trackers or smartwatch fitness trackers of any big brand does the same and has almost everything.
So, if you talk about Fabi, Letsfit, or any smartwatch reliable fitness tracker, there is nothing different except some user interface. Also, they are all accurate fitness trackers.
How to Change Time On a Fitbit Smartwatch Or Fitness Tracker?
The fitness trackers and smartwatches introduced by Fitbit are more than just fitness trackers and fitness monitors; they are likely your primary way to tell the time.
It is pretty common to find that the Fitbit you are wearing displays an incorrect time. Due to daylight saving time or traveling to another timezone, you may see the wrong time on the tracker.
You can easily change the time on your fitness tracker rather than wait six months for the right time to appear. To help you with this, we have provided you with a detailed guide in the following section, which will explain how to alter the time on your fitness tracker or smartwatch and specifically Fitbit and Letsfit devices.
Follow these basic steps first:
- Your Fitbit must be synced with your smartphone as soon as possible.
- You can enable all-day syncing in the Fitbit app’s settings if it’s not currently on.
- It is also possible to manually sync the tracker by pulling it down when you see it in the app.
- If it doesn’t work, you will need to set the time manually.
As far as manually syncing your Fitbit tracker is concerned, you would need to open up the Fitbit app and select the image of your tracker. You can refresh the content by tapping the button at the top of the screen and dragging it down.
You should be able to sync your device with your tracker within a few minutes, and then the time should be updated to reflect the time zone where you are.
What if that doesn’t work?
If that doesn’t work, you will need to change your time zone manually. That shouldn’t be a problem for you.
- The Fitbit account can be viewed by opening the Fitbit app and looking for the icon resembling an ID card to access it.
- Click on the account icon on the right of the screen.
- Within this menu, you will see an option for ‘Time Zone,’ which you can access by pressing ‘Advanced Settings.’ Once the function “Set Automatically” has been disabled, you’ll be able to change the Time Zone to whatever you need it to be.
Upon completing that step, you will need to sync your device, as explained above, for the update to take effect.
Do you know how to change a 12-hour clock into a 24-hour one?
Changing this setting is a straightforward process, and it can be done on the Fitbit website.
- Log in using the details of your Fitbit account.
- The upper right corner of the screen contains a little cog icon. Click on the cog on top of the screen, then select the ‘Settings’ option from the following drop-down menu.
- Having scrolled through all your details, you can find the option to display the clock time. Then, by pressing on this, you will be able to switch between 12 and 24-hour clocks easily.
- By clicking on the submit button.
You will be given the option of choosing the type of clock you wish to use when you sync your device with your app, next time.
How to Set Time On Letsfit Fitness Tracker?
Among the fitness trackers, Letsfit Fitness Tracker is among the most accurate fitness trackers and reliable fitness tracker because it does everything from counting steps to measuring heartbeats and tracking sleep hours. In addition, it shows notifications on your mobile device. There are no complicated steps involved in setting it up.
Set time on Letsfit Fitness tracker
It is not possible to change the time directly on the watch. You will need the VeryFitPro app to set up the watch.
It is a very convenient app that gives you access to all the health and fitness data that you need.
It may surprise you that VeryFitPro is the only app compatible with Letsfit.
Connect the smartphone with the tracker
- If you have an Android or iOS smartphone, you can download the VeryFitPro App.
- Ensure that Bluetooth is turned on before proceeding.
- Select the device from the menu. It will be located at the bottom of the page.
- Afterward, tap the Bind Device button. A search will be conducted to locate the device.
- By tapping on your watch, you can wake it up. Select your tracker from the list.
- The time on your phone will be automatically synchronized with your tracker once you connect.
The tracker collects the time according to the settings you have made on your smartphone. As soon as you notice that this device isn’t displaying the correct time, all you need to do is synchronize it again.
- After unbinding the device, reconnect the device.
- You need to make sure that Bluetooth is turned on. Turn it off and then turn it back on again.
- If you change the time on your smartphone, it will reflect on your smartwatch.
- You need to make sure the time zone on your phone is correctly set.
- Letsfit fitness trackers need to be reset to work correctly.
How to Get Started with Any Fitness Tracker? – Recommendations
A majority of activity trackers are ready to use right out of the box. Turn it on, take a few steps, and the number of steps you have taken will be shown immediately. You will, however, need to create an account to be able to take advantage of the full potential of your tracker. When you register online, you must provide your weight, age, and sex to determine your calorie burn. Furthermore, you will also be able to access all your data online, and you will be able to see graphs that will help you understand the data over time.
It is worth mentioning that all the activity trackers I have tried have mobile apps, and some of them need a mobile app to function. It is highly recommended that you download the tracker’s mobile app if your tracker offers such a feature. Alternatively, you should buy an activity tracker that syncs with your computers if you do not have a smartphone, such as a Fitbit or Garmin.
As a starting point in your tracker, you’ll probably set a default goal of 10,000 steps a day. It is possible to customize the objective, and often it can be combined with other goals, such as losing weight. In addition to adding a personal goal to your profile, customization of a step count goal on an individual basis is not straightforward if you don’t know how many steps you take every day. You should not exceed 10,000 steps if you are sedentary, but if you are an athlete, you should increase your step count to 12,000 or 15,000. If you are a runner, you should go for at least 18,000.
The synchronization of your device with the tracker is, to some extent, essential because it ensures that your data will always be accurate. This can be done either on your computer, with an app installed on your phone, or both. All the information you need about your tracker can be found in the instruction manual that came with your tracker.
During the first few days of using the product, you will be learning how to sync your data as well. With some trackers, data is automatically synchronized with your smartphone’s app whenever Bluetooth is enabled, and the app supports background synchronization. You may have drained the battery on your phone, but the data will always stay current. Some trackers automatically sync when you open the app. After a few seconds, you will see the new steps added to the list.
It would definitely be suggested for new fitness tracker owners to connect with their friends through the app. When your friends see your steps, they can cheer you on when you achieve your goals and nudge you for improvement when you fall short. It motivates you to keep yourself accountable.